DIY Bookmarks a Fun Actuvity for Kids and Adults

Image
Today I have a fun craft for everyone that you can do with things from around the house. This is a very very simple DIY/craft you can do when you feel creative We are making our own bookmarks. In order to make the bookmarks you can either repurpose old things from around the house or use any craft supplies you have. For this craft you’ll need: 1. A piece of cardboard or an old notebook with hard covers. 2. Glue  3. Scissors  4. Ruler or something to draw straight lines with. 5. Pencil  6. Stickers or newspaper scraps to decorate with. 7. A big book  Now let’s get into the steps: 1. Gather the things you will need. 2. Measure how long you want your bookmarks, I made two  sizes one 15x5 cm and one 14x4 cm, those are great sizes but honestly you can kind of eyeball it and make it however long you want it. 3. If you are making a cardboard one you probably only need one piece depending on the thickness, if you are using notebook covers I suggest using two both so you can

December Bullet Journal Set Up



 In this post I will show you my spreads for the month of December. These are the spreads that have proven to be the most useful for me and I use them every month. The way I usually decide my month’s theme is by color so a color or two would be the theme. Because of the holidays this month the theme is green and red the whole month is very festive and I tried to make it as jolly as possible. 

                                

In the beginning of every month I do a collage, this month’s collage was dedicated to the holidays and the green and red color scheme, as I said before.

                              

This is the month overview where I note any events, deadlines etc. On the right I have a goals column where I write the things I want to do by the end of the month. I played a lot with green and red and interchanging the colors to make it more exciting. The way I designed the calendar is quite minimalist, I have done the standard calendar before but I find this way more interesting.


Every month I do a little check-in with myself to see where I’m at as the title suggests. I have notice that relationships and mental health take more space than physical health so I divided the page accordingly. I drew some nice little doodles on the top to make it a little cuter, disregard my inability to draw snowflakes, I just can’t.


In this page I just write down anything that I might need for that month or in general. I drew some nice little lights on the top which I think turned out amazing and I really love them.


Here I have numbered the page for everyday of December to write a thing or two I am grateful for that day. Again I added a festive doodle to give a little character to the page.


This page is divided in two, on the top half I have a little experiences log where I write down any great experiences I might have had in that month. On the bottom half I have a mood tracker on which every day I color in a lightbulb depending on how my day was and on the bottom right corner I have a little index of what each color means. I think that especially the mood tracker will look very nice once all the lightbulbs are filled in.

I use this page to track my habits, every time I do one of the activities I color in that day.


Here I have a little checklist of festive things I can do throw-out the month of December to get in the spirit of the holidays. 


On the right page of this spread I write my blog ideas or any notes and on the left a festive song I really like.




And this is how I do my weekly spreads I divide each page in quarters, 1 for each day of the week and 1 extra one for a general To-Do list for the whole week. In each day I leave 1 row blank to write any events, birthdays etc. that don’t need crossing off and below that 3 rows with little check boxes for the most important tasks of that day.


This is a little segment I use for self-improvement and confidence. This month is a noticing what you’re good at, inspired by  https://www.christiezimmer.com/thoughts-to-action-shop/things-youre-good-at , actually it’s the exact same.

After theses spreads I leave a few pages blank for whatever I might need to write down during the month and in the end of the month I do a goodbye December spread where I do a recap of the month.


So this is how I bullet journal, I hope I gave you some inspiration for your bullet journal. If you have any tips for me leave them in the comments. In a week or two I will also show you how I set up my 2021 bullet journal so stay tuned for that. 

Social media 

Twitter: @msnopes

Pinterest: @justakidd6

Facebook: Just Kid

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Fun Snowy Day Activities

March Bullet Journal Ideas

January Favorites