DIY Bookmarks a Fun Actuvity for Kids and Adults

Image
Today I have a fun craft for everyone that you can do with things from around the house. This is a very very simple DIY/craft you can do when you feel creative We are making our own bookmarks. In order to make the bookmarks you can either repurpose old things from around the house or use any craft supplies you have. For this craft you’ll need: 1. A piece of cardboard or an old notebook with hard covers. 2. Glue  3. Scissors  4. Ruler or something to draw straight lines with. 5. Pencil  6. Stickers or newspaper scraps to decorate with. 7. A big book  Now let’s get into the steps: 1. Gather the things you will need. 2. Measure how long you want your bookmarks, I made two  sizes one 15x5 cm and one 14x4 cm, those are great sizes but honestly you can kind of eyeball it and make it however long you want it. 3. If you are making a cardboard one you probably only need one piece depending on the thickness, if you are using notebook covers I suggest using two both so you can

How I revamped my old picture frames


 

So one day I was chilling in my room with my boyfriend and he started commenting on the pictures I had up on my walls and that’s when it hit me I have way to many baby pictures of myself up. Also why the fuck do I have orange and yellow picture frames in a purple and grey room and why so many baby pictures I’m 19 literally why.
 
That’s how I decided to revamp my picture frames by painting them and changing the pictures in them.
 
This is the before (well actually I forgot to take a before picture so this is after I sanded them down)

  

                  

            1.The first thing you want to do is sanding them down so the paint will pick up better and show up more. You don’t have to sand them too much and spend too much time doing it just get rid of the shine. 

                                        

As you can see my colorful picture frames where slightly
sanded and in my wooden ones the sanding didn’t even make any difference.
 

2.Choose your colors, depending on the room you want        them in and the pictures you in them.

                                       

As I mentioned before my room is purple and grey so I decided to paint my picture frames also purple and grey so the grey frames will go on the purple walls and vice versa.

3.Get your painting station ready. A good idea is to do the painting outside so you don’t choke on the fumes and your house doesn’t smell forever. I recommend to put a first layer of nylon and on top of that some cardboard. That way any paint spills will fall on the cardboard and be absorbed and if the paint bleeds through it will get on the nylon and you will be completely protected.

                    


I chose to do it in my garden.

4.Get your tools ready. You will obviously need paint and paint brushes. Also don’t forget to take the backs of your frames out. A mask and gloves would also be helpful, we already have them anyway.

                                


This is what I am using maybe a smaller brush would be better but this did the job. Also the paint I used was house paint and it worked fine so you can do this with whatever paint you have laying around.

5.Get to painting, just do it. Just try to apply an even coat of paint throughout.


                             

        

 6.  Let it dry depending on what your color’s instructions say. Honestly if you are impatient just check every hour till it’s dry otherwise if you have plenty of time let it 24 hours for best results. For the first hour of drying move them a couple times so they don’t stick to the cardboard.

 

My instructions said 1-2 hours, but I let them dry for 3 hours after the first coat and after the second I let them dry overnight.

    7.Depending on your starting color, your paint etc. you might need a second or third coat of paint. Where you will repeat the same thing.

     

                                           

               I did 2 of coats

    8.You are done!! Now the only thing to do is take cute pictures and put them in or you can just download from the internet a good source obviously is Pinterest. You can also make your own art, a painting, a collage or literally anything else, now you have a very nice way to display it.

        

 

An easy craft you can do, in a day or in the course of a weekend that can really change the vibes of your room and upcycle some old picture frames.

                                       A few extra tips

  •     Wet your brush before using it and let it dry for a little for a better application.
  •      If your paint is old use a stick or something like that, to mix the paint as it might have separated. Also you can use the same stick later to move the frames around.
  •      Make sure that as the frames dry, drops of paint aren’t created on the sides. To avoid this blend the paint nicely and after a few minutes of drying blend the sides of the frames again.

Social Media:

Twitter: @msnopes

Pinterest: @justakidd6

Facebook: Just Kid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Bullet Journal Ideas

10 Fun Snowy Day Activities

January Favorites