DIY Bookmarks a Fun Actuvity for Kids and Adults

Image
Today I have a fun craft for everyone that you can do with things from around the house. This is a very very simple DIY/craft you can do when you feel creative We are making our own bookmarks. In order to make the bookmarks you can either repurpose old things from around the house or use any craft supplies you have. For this craft you’ll need: 1. A piece of cardboard or an old notebook with hard covers. 2. Glue  3. Scissors  4. Ruler or something to draw straight lines with. 5. Pencil  6. Stickers or newspaper scraps to decorate with. 7. A big book  Now let’s get into the steps: 1. Gather the things you will need. 2. Measure how long you want your bookmarks, I made two  sizes one 15x5 cm and one 14x4 cm, those are great sizes but honestly you can kind of eyeball it and make it however long you want it. 3. If you are making a cardboard one you probably only need one piece depending on the thickness, if you are using notebook covers I suggest using two both so you can

What I learned from: By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept, Paulo Coelho


Hello everyone today I will be sharing my book review / what I learned from By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept. WARNING there are spoilers major ones so if you haven’t read it, go read it and then come back to see my points about it. I know this is an old book but I think people need to read it at least once especially younger people who might not know it. This book focuses a lot on religion and love so if these are things that interest you definitely give it a read. 

This book came into my life in a wonderful time, while I was searching for Gods’ place in my life and along with this book I found some answers. This book focuses a lot on the idea of Gods’ feminine side, an idea which I was experimenting with myself before starting to read this book. While I was having a religious introspection so did the leading character and at the same time a beautiful love story was being told. The pure love between an ex clergyman and a university student who know each other since they where kids. In the end Pilar decides to follow the love of her life and together they would serve God through the love they had for each other. 

What I learned from this book:

There are many ways to serve God.

God wants you to follow your dreams and that is the real challenge. Figuring out what your dreams are and having the courage to follow them.

That real love puts you on your path, makes you follow your dreams, your real dreams, and doesn’t isolate you from them. 

I can envision God as a woman 

But despite all that I am an agnostic


Truly an amazing book, so easy to read, I would suggest it especially to someone who doesn’t read a lot, because I didn’t read a lot either but this book made me want to read more. Of course other things happen in this book but I just gave you some of the points that were most important for me.


Follow me on social media:

Twitter: @msnopes

Pinterest: @justakidd6

Facebook: Just Kid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Bullet Journal Ideas

10 Fun Snowy Day Activities

January Favorites